Tuesday, August 17, 2010

LOLs defined and I may have meningitis

I am completely useless tonight and have nothing to write about. It may be because I might be suffering from a case of meningitis. More on that later. First, since I hope to become good internet friends with an abundance of people so I feel important and funny. In anticipation of this, I would like to give you guys the code on my 'lol' system.

lol- I am humoring adoring you and acknowledging that you think what you said was funny. I may or may not have been amused by your comment, but most definitely did not crack a smile. *it is also possible that I am feeling too lazy to use the shift key.

LOL-You have amused me. I probably sideways smiled or smiled without show of teeth. I like how that almost sounds like I could be a rabid animal. I can imagine a phone call to some animal rescue center when you are all scared of some animal and they are all like, "is there of show of teeth?"

rofl-Your comment made me smile and I may have chuckled a bit.

ROFL- I most definitely chuckled. You are funny.

lmao- Either what you said was pretty funny or I am trying to pretend that I am edgy and capable of saying ass. In reality, it's not like I don't curse, but it certainly does not come natural enough to me to say that I was 'laughing my ass off.' I probably actually laughed out loud. I reserve this for a laugh, not a chuckle.

LMAO- Okay, I am to the point of a good, solid laugh.

LOLOLOL or lololol- I don't just use this for anything. I am belly laughing...and I want YOU to know that.

lololol......lolololol....lol.....lol- The continued posting of lols most definitely means that I am laughing continuously, most likely with tears running down my face.

ROFL...LOLOL....LOLOL....lol...brb- Congratulations, you officially made me pee my pants. Thanks a lot. You owe me 50 cents in laundering fees. Just kidding.

*Any use of exclamation points adds emphasis to your category of 'lol.' Excessive use of exclamation points may put your lol at a higher category.


I am pretty sure that the lol has gone out of control on the internet and is widely overused by mildly amused people not knowing what to say in response to a moderately funny comment. In real life, I probably would have spaced out during the comment and chuckled when I sensed the person making the comment was amused with himself and was anticipating a chuckle.

Now on to more serious matters. I believe that I might have meningitis. Here is a list of my symptoms:


  • a rise in temperature, accompanied by nausea, vomiting and headache;
  • fever with the appearance of a rash on the skin 
  • emergence retardation, disorders of consciousness (the vagueness of perception, lack of concentration, people do not respond to requests, «as if they don’t hear»), convulsions;
  • high temperature in combination with back pain and neck muscle tension, especially if the pain significantly increasing the motion of the head;
Doesn't it sound like I'm dying? Okay, not really. I completely just cut and pasted that from http://meningitissymptoms.net/. To be honest, I think the only thing menacing me is a very sore neck and a headache. Oh, and I am totally amused by the 'emergent retardation' symptom. Glad you read to the end! Thanks for caring. :D

2 comments:

  1. lol…j/k ;) Although, sometimes I am too lazy to press the shift key :P so my lol’s may appear as lesser amusement level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! I just realized that I get an awful lot of lol’s <:|

    ReplyDelete