Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hello Internet

So *obviously....I have started a blog. Here's what contributed to the birth of Candi Corn in my Belly:

Allie, the author of hyperboleandahalf, has had me laughing my pants off for about a week now. I think she would approve of this since she is an advocate of not wearing pants. Anyhow, I am inspired by her blog and would like to have an outlet for all of my hilarity. I mean, I laugh at my jokes. Often times I notice that it is only I who is laughing. But I'm okay with that. I can read my blog all day long and laugh. Though there will be some obsessing over who else may or may not be laughing.

I shared the aforementioned blog with my mom and she said, "you should start a blog, you are just as funny as her." Thanks, Mom! I do realize that she is biased, but I don't care. If anything, I will at least have ONE follower. :D Yay me.

When I told my best friend that I was starting a blog, he didn't say anything. Then when I asked what I should name it, he said, "oh, you're serious?!" Really? Am I that flaky? Well, yes, I realize I can be...but this is to prove him WRONG. Myuahahahahaha. What I do slightly worry about is whether or not he is playing that reverse psychology crap on me. But then my mind starts going in circles and it makes my brain hurt.

The title. I realize it's random. Anthony told me to name it "Candi's Corner", as my name is Candice and it would be like my corner or something? Are there corners on the internet? Because I was under the impression that it was boundary-free or something. Or at the very least, a 'web' but then webs have corners I suppose. No, don't think I'm dumb. I get his title. But it sounded boring to me and if I stumbled upon a similarly named blog I might just pass it up because it sounds lame. No offense to the "so and so's corners" out there. Just saying your blog's name is lame, not your blog. And I wouldn't read it. And no one else probably would. Except those people's mothers. So anyway....I stuck with the Candi (remember, Candice) and I like candy corn. and I nicknamed my daughter Belly. And you can put candy in a belly. and ...yeah. I don't know. Maybe my name is lame and the only viewer or subscriber I will gain is MY mom. Then the "so and so's corner" people can all laugh at ME because somehow they convinced more people to subscribe to THEIR lame-named blogs.

That is all. I must meditate now and ..... okay so Anthony just asked me AGAIN, "are you blogging, really?" He is just SOOO surprised that I had the ability to focus and do this for 10 minutes. Well, well Anthony. Game is ON.

More tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. I love your name silly goose! :D

    By the way... you are right about puppies. They are cuddly, so sweet but they bite us so... And they piddle all over the floor! And yes, I am a hillbilly... for I bought one just the other day!

    Her beloved name is Sheila the Shiba Inu. HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, umm..... Is this a cover-up because you got a puppy? Lol.... ?

    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Letisia...I updated my dog post. I was not attempting to say that all dogowners were hillbillies.

    Dennis...NO, I did NOT get a dog. But I almost did. There was this really really cute maltese-shih tzu mix in the mall and I asked to pet it and she was so sweet. And we bonded immediately. I would do anything for that dog, even clean up puddles for 15 years...except pay 1500 dollars for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and Anthony-you'll get your post today...you'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is funny because I was looking at a Yorkie for Cayman. Lol. I don't know if I can tolerate even Cayman!! He may go to the pound!!! lol. kidding. I won't send him.... today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo, dad was wondering if you were going to write a post about your kittys :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true...I am your #1 fan and always will be :) you little wonderwoman you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An 1 1/2 hours left....

    I'm just saying

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got your blog name as soon as I read it, but then again, I think I know you a little more than some??

    Kotyonok

    ReplyDelete