Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Boob assault

When you are showering or changing at the gym, there are a few things you should remember:

Not everyone is as comfortable with your body as you are. Now, I realize that I am probably overly neurotic when it comes to covering up my body as I enter/exit the showering area. I put the towel over my body prior to taking off any undergarments. I put undergarments on while balancing my towel. *This can be pretty tricky and often involves holding towel with teeth.

Okay, it is one thing to throw the towel off in your naked glory to begin dressing yourself. It is quite another to walk around the locker room naked, have lengthy conversations, put on your make-up, blow dry your hair, and stretch out a little more after your workout. Remember that Seinfeld where he describes 'good naked, bad naked?' The previous examples I have described are all bad nakeds. They violate those around you. It is very difficult to have a conversation with a naked person whilst their pubes are braiding themselves in front of you. (okay not really, but I have an active imagination)


Added bonus: You can assure that your make-up compliments your outfit and not get makeup on your shirt while putting it on!


Not everyone wants to know whether or not the carpet matches the drapes. Enough said.

When naked, your personal bubble and all others around you gets notably larger. Again, I realize that I am weird and probably have a large personal bubble to begin with; but it is very bad etiquette to start getting dressed right next to someone else when there are plenty of other spots available for your dressing pleasure.

Don't ever touch anyone with any body part of yours, not even to shake hands, while either of you are naked. I once was assaulted by a woman's boob. Seriously. She was violating all of the rules above when she swiftly turned in my direction. It was horrible. I felt like I was in a war movie when the music gets all dramatic and it's in slow-mo and I could see the boob coming but I couldn't do anything to stop it because life really doesn't go in slow motion. It was a large boob. *shudder* I think I may suffer PTSD from this boob-slap to my arm. It was terrifying. I need time to rest now.


Okay, I forgot about this one. I was about 8 or 9 and I was in a swimming pool locker room. I was getting ready for the pool as this woman props her leg up on the bench I was sitting on and does what? She commences to shave her southern region. Yes. Shaves it. In the middle of a locker room. In front of small children. Okay, that is all.

11 comments:

  1. What really gets me is that the older people get, the less they care, and the less anyone wants to get an eyeful of. Old dudes clipping their toenails on the bench after they got out of the shower is not how I want to end my workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL!!!!! I literally LMAO…not that I am comfortable saying ass….

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tony- LOL! That is disgusting! Old man's balls on the bench....gross.

    @ Mom- LOLOL...LOL...yes, I actually laughed out loud at your comment. I hope dad isn't mad at me for making you literally laugh your *** off, because I've heard him singing Honky tonk bedonkedonk and I like big butts....Not that you have a big butt but if you were to have none...well. Okay you get what I'm saying, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious!!!! ROFL!!! I remember hearing about the pool locker room incident. Eeeeew! That was great, I'm making Phillip read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahahaha oH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this blog post was horrifying yet hilarious :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I can see a movie being made out of this called "Saving Private Parts," sad slow-mo music and all. Gross...
    Carpet and drapes should match, because otherwise what’s the point of making a statement if you’re not going to follow through??? OR! Keep only the drapes and nix the carpet to keep the confusion to a minimum. There, nuff said!

    Kotyonok

    ReplyDelete
  7. *test* (I think I figured it out. sorry for testing on your blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, good job Kotyonok! What was the problem?

    Also, LOL at your comment. I definitely saw too much of that lady that day. It is forever engrained in my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting article confirming these things DO happen!

    Naked Man Mingles Freely In Locker Room
    May 20, 1998 | ISSUE 33•19

    10.09.96 NOVI, MI—Bally Total Fitness patron Fred Mahorn, 42, took a post-shower stroll through the health club's locker room Monday, casually socializing with fellow members for approximately 15 minutes in a state of total undress. "Hey, nice to see you," Mahorn said to numerous men he happened to pass in the locker room, his flaccid penis and talcum-powdered scrotum in plain view. Most patrons either nodded or pretended they thought he was addressing someone else. The naked Mahorn went on to sit in the most visible spot in the locker room and apply anti-fungal cream to his feet before eventually putting on a towel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candice did I tell you about the time that Camille and I accidentally walked onto a nude beach and there were old people playing volleyball? It was crazy! They could not seem to keep the ball up in the air.

    ReplyDelete